All programming rooms have limited capacity as set by the Long Beach Fire Marshal and subject to available seating. Although your LBCE badge is required for entry into all events, it doesn’t guarantee you access to any programming session if it has reached its capacity, subject to the discretion of Long Beach Convention Center and Long Beach Comic Expo staff members. We don’t clear our programming rooms between sessions.
Long Beach Comic Expo believes in creating an environment where every attendee, exhibitor and staff member is treated with respect and dignity, and does not tolerate any act of bullying or harassment. If an attendee of any type is believed to be in violation of our rules, they will be asked to leave immediately without reimbursement of any kind. Long Beach Comic Expo employs professional security guards who enforce our rules and regulations, as do our staff members. Volunteers are NOT staff members and are assisting us in exchange for certain reimbursement and experiential value. Please report any serious incidents or concerns to a Long Beach Comic Expo Staff Member, as identified by their badge.
We have a strict policy of checking weapons to ensure that they are only props. The security guards at the entrance will check yours and place a band on it to show that it’s been approved. The responsibility to get this weapons check performed is yours, so please don’t sneak in without it. We reserve the right to deny access to anyone who presents a public safety or security issue in our sole discretion.
The following items are forbidden at LBCE:
- All firearms (including air soft guns, BB guns, cap guns, paintball guns and pellet guns)
- Replica firearms (including reproduction, fake or toy guns that can be confused for real firearms)
- Projectile weapons (including blow guns, crossbows, long bows, slingshots and water guns)
- Metal-bladed weapons (including axes, daggers, hatches, knives, kunai, shuriken, swords, sword canes and switch blades)
- Explosives (including firecrackers and fireworks)
- Mace and pepper spray
- Blunt weapons (including brass knuckles, clubs and nunchaku)
- Hard prop weapons (including props made of metal, fiberglass and glass)
We do NOT allow prop guns of any kind into the facility or event. If you arrive with a prop gun of any kind you will not be able to gain admission to the facility or event until you have returned your prop gun to your car. We will still allow prop weapons if they are composed of foam or cardboard only. We allow prop bows if all arrows have soft tips.